Google Apps and Apple Mail 4.5 problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nostromo, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

There are two problems.

1. No mail is stored in google apps. Whenever I go there, not a single email is there. It is as if it would be deleted once it's been sent to Apple Mail. What setting do I need to work on to change this?

(I have a gmail account as well, and all messages stay on the server. I compared the gmail settings with the google mail settings - all the same, but still both accounts function differently)

2. Google Apps sends, once in a while, spam to my computer. It even has a spam box set up there. Now that's something I really don't need. But one cannot delete the spam mailbox because of iMAP).

(I had the same problem in Gmail. Somehow I got rid of all the additional mailboxes gmail set up on my computer (in Apple Mail) except the Inbox. )

Do you know how to get messages stored in Google Apps' mail and how to get rid of those unnecessary mailboxes gmail sets up in Apple Mail?

Tips much appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Check your "All Mail" folder in Google Apps. There's nothing there? Do you have Apple Mail set to retain a copy of your mail on the server?

3. Nostromo thread starter macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Nothing there.

I checked the box "store deleted messages on server" in Apple Mail preferences.

4. Nostromo thread starter macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Any more feedback on this issue?

Can't get google apps to retain mail, and settings I change on Apple Mail will just increase the number of mail boxes Apple Mail sets up on my machine.

I also haven't found the issue that makes google apps send junk mail to a junk mail folder on my Mac and then signals "new message".