Google Authenticator for Gmail for IPhone Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly800, Mar 28, 2015.

1. pauly800 macrumors regular

I assume this is the right place to post this topic. First off, i downloaded google authenticator because i hear its good for 2 Factor Authorization. I use it for coinbase, blockchain and a certain poker site. I also have tried doing this with neteller but im having a lot of issues. This is to move funds online and i like to have 2FA.

I like to mention that i use 2 email addresses. So the first one you see is my regular email that i set up 2fa on. The other email for neteller is an email that i use specifically for neteller. I didn't set anything up such as settings etc but theres tons of issues with it now as i cannot seem to use Google Authenticator with coinbase, blockchain or neteller and it tells me for neteller im putting in the wrong verification code. Also these aren't my real email address but just putting it as an example.

When i first use google authenticator with blockchain and coinbase, it was fine. However, there are tons of issues with it now it seems. First off, when i try to scan the barcode with neteller now... there are lot of problems. But when you go and look at the codes available.... this is what it would show on my iphone....

My google authenticator would look like this when i open it

Google
    222 222
    pauly@gmail.com

Google
    222 222
    pauly@gmail.com

111 111
    blockchain address

111 111
    blockchain address

333 333
    coinbase- pauly@gmail.com

333 333

121 121

121 121
    coinbase-pauly@gmail.com

111 111
    blockchain address

111 111
    blockchain address

Neteller
    789 789
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    789 789
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    720 720
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    720 720
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    720 720
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    720 720
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    735 735
    paulyjames@gmail.com

Neteller
    735 735
    paulyjames@gmail.com

First off, why is there so many of the same codes for each one. Shouldn't there be only one word/code for coinbase, blockchain, neteller? Im confused why theres multiple neteller codes and when i type all of them, not one of them work when trying to get it to work on neteller.com. Blockchain i type in the verifcation code, still doesn't work.

Does this have something to do with the time setting that i read about? I made my iphone where time zone is on but it isn't set to automatic. Basically i cannot use google authentitator right now because of this. I even deleted it and installed it again... but i have no idea how come there are so many different codes. Does anyone know whats the issue here?

2. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

3. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

4. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Weird, I've been a long time user of Google Authenticator with about 7 accounts. I've gotten new phones and have had to move it from even Android to iPhone (without problems). I only once had a duplication problem on my Note 3 --- just wiped app data and re-added them and it was good to go. On an iPhone if I had that problem, I'd uninstall, re-add one by one till it was perfect. I had to do this recently for all 7 of my accounts because my last iPhone 6+ redscreened and refused to boot.

5. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

How do i wipe the data?

Also heres something that is strange. The thing is i'm currently in mexico right now and we did not change the local time here 1 hour like in the east coast. So instead of it being say 1pm, my local time would show 12pm. So i then manually change it to 1pm. However... i just changed my time settings to automatic so instead of it being 1pm, it goes to 12pm which is incorrect but then the google authy code works.

Is there a way to get around this then? My city isn't located in the city in time zone so i pick a mexican city close to it but it doesn't seem to update. So i guess to have it work, time has to be set to automatic?

But issue here is my phone will be 1 hour slower than normal though. I guess just change the time each time to get the code then switch it back each time?

6. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

7. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Yeah, when I went to Peru I had to manually set my time for Google Authenticator to work. But I had my Note 3 last year when that happened. Haven't travelled with my iPhone yet.

8. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so you are saying everytime u used google authenticator, u would manually change the time each time you do this. But once you are done with it, you change it back to the right time correct?

9. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Correct. I also have my Google Voice # as my backup option for if I don't have my authenticator so I would choose: "Use Other Method" and text the code to my Google Voice # --- when I was in Peru.