Google Bookmarks on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ipadfan01, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Ipadfan01 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

How can I get Google Bookmarks on my iPad?

Is there an App that I am not aware off?

Thanks for all your help.

2. simerjots macrumors newbie

Hey I was looking for the same thing yesterday and found this app called GB Bookmarks(sync with Google Bookmarks). I like it so far, check it out:

GB Bookmarks( sync with Google Bookmarks™)

3. mrcc macrumors regular

i use foxmarks.com. its free. works with any browser. u can log in from any pc. u dont need an app for this.

4. vw195 macrumors 6502

0.99c gets you Atomic Web Browser and it has the ability to import from many sources.

5. Ipadfan01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Guys,

I installed GB Bookmarks and I like it, i think it was exactly what I was looking.

Even though a toolbar in Safari will be nice, but this is the closest thing to it.

Thanks once again.

6. tfr2002, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

tfr2002 macrumors newbie

This is how you add Google Bookmarks to iPad

This is how you add a Google Bookmarklet to your iPad.

1. Add a bookmark at ANY random page on the internet and label it "Google Bookmark"

2. Add this bookmark to wherever you like within your iPad bookmarks. (I put mine in my Bookmarks Bar so it's easily accessible)

3. Once that's been created, find the bookmark you labelled "Google Bookmark" and click "Edit" to edit it.

4. Paste the following into the "URL" field of the "Google Bookmark":

javascript:(function(){var%20a=window,b=document,c=encodeURIComponent,d=a.open('http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk='+c(b.location)+'&title='+c(b.title),'bkmk_popup','left='+((a.screenX||a.screenLeft)+10)+',top='+((a.screenY||a.screenTop)+10)+',height=420px,width=550px,resizable=1,alwaysRaised=1');a.setTimeout(function(){d.focus()},300)})();

5. Click Done

Now, whenever you are at a page that you want to add to your Google Bookmarks, just click on the "Google Bookmark" link on your iPad, a new page will pop up in Safari, where you can easily add the bookmark to your Google Bookmarks online.

7. jkannry macrumors newbie

This is brilliant. Exactly how amazon publically doing wish list. Why can't google simply acknowledge and make official.

8. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I use atomic browser but struggle to import my google bookmarks. I know that I can import them but when I do that here is my process:

Delete all current bookmarks in Atomic Browser
    Export Google bookmarks to a file
    Import bookmarks from file into Atomic Browser

Now all my bookmarks are in a folder called "Imported Bookmarks" and I need to manually move all of them out of that folder and to the appropriate place (bookmark bar vs. Other Bookmarks).

The whole process can easily take at least 20 mins. Am I missing something? Is there a better way to keep Atomic Browser and Google Bookmarks synced? I don't really care about adding a bookmark from Atomic Browser to my Google Bookmarks (which I think the bookmarklet is accomplishing) but rather a quick way to get my Google Bmarks into AB.

Thanks.