Google Bookmarks online feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Julien, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Use Google Toolbar w/Bookmarks so I have my Favorites on the several different work/home computers I use. Is there a way to get or import Google Bookmarks onto the iPhone?

Did a search but could not find.

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Go to Google. Click the More tab and then Notebook. Mine are in Unfiled Bookmarks. The 'filed' ones show up in Notebooks.

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Avaloncourt...that does not make sense nor, after following your sequence of instructions does it do what the OP has requested.

For a PC, our bookmarks are transfered to the iPhone through the nasty browser Internet Explorer.

Like the OP, I use Google to store all of my Bookmarks so that I can access them at work, home or on the road on any computer.

Itunes does not see Google Bookmarks as an option. It does not even see Firefox either. So the question would be...How do we get the bookmarks from Google to I.E. to iPhone???

Im guessing the OP is using a PC, if not then he would need the sequence for the Mac.

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Well he asked, "Is there a way to get or import Google Bookmarks onto the iPhone?"

That gets him to all of his Google bookmarks. No, it doesn't transfer them to the iPhone bookmarks but there isn't an import conduit for that now is there? So, I told him how to GET them from Google using Google's iPhone interface. You're assuming GET and IMPORT are the same thing from his sentence which, in your words, doesn't make sense.

So, to GET to them you follow my instructions. To put them on the iPhone would be to click the links and then bookmark them locally. It may not be what you want but it does indeed give you access to Google bookmarks.

Maybe once access to SDK-generated applications exists Google will give us a conduit.

5. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Easy my friend, I am asking the same question as the OP and wanted to understand your post. I have the same question as he did and was seeking your help. I know that I can access them through the google website, and one at a time click on them to save in favorites on the iPhone. I apologize if I came across wrong...I was just trying to get more clarification and assistance with the same thing as I assumed the OP was asking.

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I wouldn't think that until a Google-generated conduit exists that would be the only way to it. Apple seems to be leaning toward the enterprise customer these days but we really haven't seen anything new for other service.

I didn't make the assumption that you did that the OP knew how to get to the bookmarks without the toolbar. He seemed to be asking how to access them without the toolbar or transfer them,.

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I am asking about importing them INto the iPhone also. Sorry for using the word ONto.

Would also love to have a way to synchronize them so it would be updated as I edit my Bookmarks (Favorites).

8. GambitMooCow macrumors newbie

One thing I found that works well for me is to use the bookmarks widget and put it on a separate tab on iGoogle homepage (I keep a tab just for my iphone). That way you can get access to all your bookmarks as they are updated even if its only from homepage.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Without meaning to hijack the thread, but I take it in order to have my bookmarks available anywhere I need google toolbar, which is not (afaik) compatible with Safari right? Notebook is cool, I never knew about it.

Anyway, to the OP, I do not know the answer to your question but my guess is Apple is really trying to push Mobile Me, which allows you to sync your bookmarks from Safari to your Mobile Me account whereby it is accessible anywhere. I am thinking this is why it is such a problem for anyone using Google to globalize their bookmarks and sync to their iPhone.