Google Calaboration with iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by milenkod, Jul 3, 2009.

1. milenkod macrumors member

I'm trying to get iCal to sync with my Google Calendar. I've downloaded and setup up with Google's Calaboration tool but whatever I input into iCal just won't sync with Google Calendar. It works fine when I add events to Google Calendar first....that updates iCal just fine. It just won't go the other way.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

It works fine for me.

On the left you should have your various iCal calendars listed. Be sure to select the Google Calendar first, then set your appointment. If you use the standard iCal Calendar then the appointment will not show in Google.

3. milenkod thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh-haaa...that worked. Well that kind of sux. What about all the events I already have in there? Any easy way to get them into G-Calendar?

4. milenkod thread starter macrumors member

OK...just figured it out myself....you drag-and-drop your regular calendar event onto the Google account on the left-had side and it pushes that to Google. Won't work with Read-Only events such as birthdays read from your Address Book (if you have that option turned on).

5. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Oooo I might try this iCal might become very useful when I go back to school