Google Calander Sync & Subscribed Calanders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VydorScope, Oct 17, 2011.

1. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Hey, got a minor problem with my calendar. It seems sync my stuff fine, but I have my wife calendar setup as a subscribe calendar so that we can keep our stuff in sync. This works great on the web interface to Google, and on my prior nexus, but for some reason my shinny new iPhone 4s does not see her calendar only mine. I do have the gmail account set up as an exchange account. Any suggestions???

2. kmullen macrumors newbie

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You should set up Gmail as an Exchange ActiveSync account rather than a Gmail.

When it asks for server name enter m.google.com

Once you're set up open Safari from your phone and go to http://m.google.com/sync, here you can select what Calendars will be available to you.

4. VydorScope thread starter macrumors regular

VydorScope

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

From my experience, Gmail over Exchange ActiveSync will always only show the primary calendar even if you have multiple ones set up.

If you want to continue to receive push e-mails but see multiple calendars do the following:

1) Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and log in with the Gmail credentials. You will then see a list of calendars with check boxes. Set the check box against any that you want to see in iOS
    2) Disable the calendar under the ActiveSync (Exchange) account
    3) Add a new GMail account with the same login details. Turn off Notes and Mail on this one and leave Calendars on

You should now see all the Gmail calendars under the calendar app

6. VydorScope thread starter macrumors regular

VydorScope

Interesting work around. Will try it. Picking the calendars as above did not work like I assumed.

7. VydorScope thread starter macrumors regular

VydorScope

Okay THAT work around worked and I now can see both calenders, THANKS!!!

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Interesting. I never had to do steps 2 & 3. Both calendars work just fine - can manage events on both without any issues.