Google CalDAV sync not reliable, Google Exchange assigns random colors...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gokunama, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

So CalDAV seemed the solution to syncing my calendars and keeping them color coded, but it's been three days and three appointments on my iPhone haven't synced, and it was the reason I deleted Google CalDAV from my iPhone before (I had each calendar synced as separate accounts on my iPhone then), but I thought with being able to choose which calendars to sync via the calendar select page, and having them all as one account on my iPhone might make sync more reliable. Isn't reliable though.

I hate Exchange sync cause I've got more than five calendars, but one my iPhone, only five colors can be shown, then they repeat colors, and all colors are assigned randomly.

Has anyone found a way to sync reliably and keep the calendar colors synced correctly? I'm ALL ears!!!

2. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

I too was thrilled, only moments ago to discover I can sync Google Calendar to my iPhone and preserve my colours! Since it took so much digging, I'll summarise for anyone stumbling here in hope:

1) setup your Google Calendar as CalDav
    http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=151674

2) open https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and activate your calendars (N.B: NOT m.google.sync because your iPhone won't show up there; I think this is because CalDav doesn't count as Google Sync so devices using the CalDav protocol aren't shown there)

3) open the Calendar App and your calendarS will appear, synced in colour :)

Now, I realised all this only minutes ago so I have yet to notice the apparent flaws. I'll look out for them; it would be more than a bit irritating if I were forced to choose between colour sync and reliability... Sorry that I'm not more help OP. I'll let you know any discoveries I make.