Google Calendar Embed

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by swwack91, Mar 12, 2010.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to set up a scheduling calendar on my website so that people can go to the page, see the week's calendar, and submit when they want to reserve their time on the schedule.

I know that Google Calendars lets you embed a calendar onto the website, but is there a way for visitors to the website to edit the calendar?

Thanks!!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

From the Google Calendar site you can go into the settings and share your calendar and give permissions for specific people to modify the calendar. Having any more public (anonymous) could easily result in people adding a bunch of junk or deleting other people's information. Google Calendar is not likely the solution you're after.

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm trying to set up a computer usage schedule for collaborators to book their lab time. Is there a way to maybe set up a form that will out the calendar for them?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well, if it's a fixed set of people, you can add them as shared members to the calendar. Your first description sounded like it could be anyone wanting to make an appointment.

I'm not sure what your second sentence is asking. I think there is a spelling error or something because I've read it a few times and not sure what you're asking.

5. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

fill out **

Is there a way to set up a form to fill out the calendar?

It's not a "set group of people," but it's not a huge group of people. It's a small enough group that I don't really worry about people misusing public access to edit the calendar.

In a perfect world, they wouldn't have "edit" power. People could go on, select an open time frame, and put themselves on the calendar.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You can take a look at the Google Calendar API and Tools. You can likely do what you want with that, but would take some time to learn what you're doing. Someone may have already a similar function that you're looking for using the API.

7. Journojulz macrumors 65816

Journojulz

Being able to email in an appointment would surely help me.

My 'solution' to this problem is creating a second "submit" calendar that is pretty much public for people to fill with stuff. When i want to accept an entry, i simply go in and change it to the 'confirmed' calendar that only I have access to.

It does require manual vetting - but that is what I need

My issue is that the calendars don't work properly on the iphone.

Wat is wrong with this picture?

[​IMG]

Answer - any way of scrolling down to dates on the list not visible

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Have you tried using two fingers to scroll that area? I've found that works on most websites that have areas like that.

jW

9. Journojulz macrumors 65816

Journojulz

That would be me being an idiot then!

Ta for that - now to start the round of apologies! :eek: