Google calendar sync with iCal??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MKnight, Apr 19, 2008.

1. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

Does anyone know of a way to do 2 way iCal sync with Google calendar??

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Google is your friend - did you try typing 'Google calendar ical sync' into Google?

There are several solutions - SpanningSync, BusySync being just two...

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

BusySync is very nice. I would recommend downloading the trial first.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

No need for that at all. Just go into your Google Calendar and then click on the Settings link on the top right of the page. Then click the Calendars link and then the name of the calendar you want to sync. Then at the bottom of that window there will be something that says Private Address click the green iCal button and copy the address that it gives you.

Open iCal go to the Calendar menu and select Subscribe. Copy the address in there and click OK and voila all sorted.

Edit : Obviously you add events with Google client still but it allows you to view the information from you Mac using iCal.

5. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

That only works one way though, only lets you import google into iCal, I subscribed to Spanning Sync because I wanted to be able to enter events on my iPod touch, sync it to my mac, that have that appear on google, as wel as enter on google and have it come through iCal onto my iPod.

6. Nappi macrumors newbie

One way solution the other way is to publish your calendar in iCal (if you don't have a place to publish it in, you can, for example try this) and add a new calendar from an url in Google Calendar. You can only add events (to the published calendars) in iCal.

A fitting solution for me, as I mostly use iCal but would occasionally want to check my calendar when I'm not on my computer.

Looked for a free two-way solution the other day and only found GCALDaemon. The installation instructions alone scared me enough to not try it.

7. rmh macrumors regular

GCALDaemon is good if you have Tiger, but for Leopard its a no go at the moment.