Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colin14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of help here

I use Ical on my mac and it syncs to my iphone through Mobile me. In work I use google calendar, through google my google calendar syncs to my iphone but it doesnt sync to mobile me and appear on my ICAL, anyone know anyway around this?

C

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
I don't think there is an easy way to sync a Google Calendar to your MobileMe calendar. I use my MobileMe calendar for personal stuff and I sync Outlook at work to Google Calendar, then I sync my Google Calendar to the iPhone. I can view both calendars together on the phone, or just select one at a time.

Google Calendar can be sync'd to the iPhone with Google Sync (Exchange) or through Nuevasync (Exchange) or by adding it as a CalDAV calendar. All are free and easy to use.

I hope this helps.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I Sync about 8 Google Calendars to Outook. I Sync Outlook with MobileMe and MobileMe then Syncs with my Iphone. Works Great. I am sure I heard of products that Sync Google Calendars with iCal which means you should be able to do the same thing. If you are using MobileMe I would think you would want everything to Sync to it and only have MobileMe Sync with the iPhone. Reduces the number of Applications doing Sync on the iPhone. I would assume better battery life.

Kocab

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2006
Spanning Sync will do what you're looking for - but it's not free. It works well however and the support is very good.

jimed43

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2009
Wylie Texas
iCAL will sync with google calendar without any extra software. I have the settings at home on my Macbook. I will post tonight. As I sync my macbook, itouch, and google calendar, without mobile me or 3rd party software.

Jim

bwana

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2001
calengoo is the best. really, it is real time iphone<->google calendar, shows banners, shows any shared calendars as well (google calendars other people have shared with you!). ical will do it too but doesnt show banners, shared calendars or allow control over the google calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.