Google Calendar

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by roadbloc, Mar 31, 2014.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Wondering if there is a way I can import/sync my Google Calendar into iCal or Entourage 2004? Failing that, any other calendar app will do. Going on the website works fine but is a little slow and I feel it would be much better if I managed to get it to sync with something. :)

OS X 10.4.11 btw.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I believe those instructions allow you to import (as asked) but it's a one way deal. I believe changes can only be made via iCal. Make a change in Google and it won't reflect to iCal.

There's a way to do this, but it's not easy. Take a look…

Note that the link includes how to get Enourage to sync with iCal and Addressbook. Once you have it all set up you can make any change in Entourage and it will reflect to iCal and then on to Google. And any change made in Google will reflect on to iCal and thus to Entourage. If you have a device using a Google Calendar it will give you syncing with that device. This is how I work it with my iPhone 5.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It can be done very easily with Leopard's iCal as it supports CalDAV. Tiger's not so much.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This is true. But it's not a two way deal. You can't make a change at Google and have it reflect back to iCal.

I found that out because I'd make changes on my iPhone 5 calendar (Google) and it would not reflect to iCal.

5. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Perfect! Thanks a lot it works perfectly. I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this problem. :D

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Glad I could help and that it all worked. It was a real PITA tracking down all this, but once in place you don't have to think about it.

But I wanted syncing between my iPhone 5 and Entourage on my Macs, so I found a way. :D

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's two way in Leopard when correctly configured.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

How? Following the directions linked above?

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

caribiner23's link. I get two way syncing with it.