Google Chrome 45 released

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macappleguy8, Sep 4, 2015.

1. macappleguy8 macrumors member

Google just release Chrome 45 with claims of lower memory and battery usage.

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. But I'm going to try it this weekend to see if it holds up to the claims. Especially when it concerns the Macbook. I'm also interested in finding out what everyone else thinks. I posted this hear because my only concern is how this affects the rMB.

2. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I really think Safari in the rmb and the mba 2014 is superior to anything chrome can do on a mac. however, i use it on my android tablets and phone.

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Same I tend to avoid Google`s products as I don't care for their T&C`s, nor do they bring anything to the table for OS X.

Q-6

4. wmchenry macrumors newbie

wmchenry

Great news,

If Google can get Chrome to be less of a resource hog it will be a game changer in my workflow.

5. nlr macrumors 6502

6. tbirdparis macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up.. definitely interested here. While I'm actually pretty ok with Safari for pretty much everything, we use Google sheets all the time for work and it always seemed to be way more responsive on Chrome. Guess I'll be giving the update a whirl to see what happens, cheers.