Google Chrome for iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by downingp, Dec 30, 2012.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

I have read so many positive things about how much better Google Chrome is compared to Safari. I have used Safari for quite some time now and really haven't found the need to look elsewhere, however curiosity got the better of me and I decided to download Google Chrome on my iPad.
    All in all, its not too bad. The one thing I can't seem to do though that I am able to do with Safari is to send a file to dropbox and/or open a file using the "open in dropbox" or "open in evernote" command within Safari.
    Is there a way to do this within Google Chrome?

Thanks.

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

I really enjoy the speed and UI of Chrome for iOS. Using it on my iPhone 5 & new iPad retina. I don't care to label anything as "the best" as we all have different preferences.

But its most definitely my favorite by far. Two simple clicks will switch between mobile & desktop sites, a great tool I use daily.

3. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

The only thing I want now for Chrome on iOS is a bookmark bar. I'd use it all the time then :)

4. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree, I like the bookmark bar in Safari as well. It seems as though I will be sticking with Safari because of the lack of bookmark bar and the ability to "open in Dropbox"

5. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another thing I noticed lacking in Google Chrome is the "reader mode" that is found within Safari.
    I guess I will stick to Safari for now.