Google Chrome for Mac REALLY Slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by prmccarron, Aug 22, 2011.

1. prmccarron macrumors regular

prmccarron

My favorite web browser is Google Chrome (Firefox in a close second), but for some reason, it is ridiculously slow. Pages take forever to load and often don't get past Connecting. Nine out of ten times I get either "Oops! Google Chrome could not find [the website]" or some other error. I really want to use the browser but it is just SO slow. Are there any suggestions? Thanks.

2. mike.coulter macrumors regular

mike.coulter

Have you got the most up to date version?

Mine seems to be running really fast.

3. prmccarron thread starter macrumors regular

prmccarron

I'm pretty sure. The strange thing is, it used to be blazing fast for me when I first got the computer back last October. Actually, no matter what browser I use my internet is extremely slow, but on Chrome it's slower than the others. Every other computer/device gets on to the network and uses it at amazing speed, but my Mac - even if nothing else is connected - is unbearably slow unless connected with the ethernet cable.

4. mike.coulter macrumors regular

mike.coulter

I would recommend taking it to the nearest Apple store to you and see if they can replicate the problem. You never know, they may give you another one!

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Yea.. they won't give you another one.

But open Activity Monitor and see how much RAM you have left in the machine. Are you closing applications when you aren't using them or do you completely quit them?

And are other computers on your network running slow as well? Or does it seem that yours is the only one that has problems.

6. prmccarron thread starter macrumors regular

prmccarron

Haha yeah wouldn't figure.

I quit them all and always have plenty of RAM.

It seems mine is the only one that has problems :/