Google Chrome For MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danielea, Feb 15, 2010.

1. danielea macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone has run into the problem I'm having with Google Chrome. One day last week it just wouldn't load anymore. i can click it and it will appear in my taskbar like its running, but no go on the UI. I've "googled it".... the problem that is... wow googling a problem with google. What are we coming to? Anyway, I've seen some stuff about it not running on Windows XP, but nothing about MAC.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Two things:
    • It's Mac, not MAC. MAC is an acronym for Media Access Control.
    • You have given absolutely no information that can be used to diagnose your problem.

3. celticpride678

How about more information on the issue itself?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried reinstalling it? Maybe making sure that everything is completely removed when you delete it, and then make sure to install the most up-to-date version.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Right click the icon in the Dock, click Quit. Relaunch.

6. aquahell macrumors newbie

If that doesn't work you might just have to redownload it and you should its a great browser and it now supports extensions! Oh btw try not to do the MAC/Mac thing cuz it bugs alot of people.

7. the batman macrumors regular

Probably an exhausted question but is there anyway to get chrome working on tiger?

8. danielea thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the replies. there always seems to be someone in the forums that has to spew some kind of stupidity in order to make people think that they are intelligent. Much like mister me here, but i do appreciate your two cents worth. as i had no further info to provide... i apologize for not providing even more clues as non existent as they were. My main point for posting was to see if someone else out there experienced the same problem with google chrome as i did and may have figured out a way to fix it. for those of you that gave me things to try, i appreciate that and in the spirit of friendliness I thank you.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Heh, I'll tell you that ain't gonna happen :)

10. mohammadiqbal macrumors newbie

mohammadiqbal

@misterme
    why do you have to be such an A##hole?

@danielea
    now actually getting to the issue at hand. if you usually put your mac to sleep i suggest restarting it first before anything else. i had a similar problem where firefox wouldn't launch, restarting my mac solved the problem. if this doesn't work then you should reinstall chrome, but make sure to uninstall it first.

11. Badradio macrumors 6502

Have you repaired permissions lately? It sounds like you installed Chrome recently, but I've seen systems that haven't had the permissions repaired for a long time where only certain apps won't launch, despite the icon showing that it's active.

12. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I must be living on borrowed time since I haven't repaired permissions on my Macs - ever. Things seem to be working just fine, and I have a ton of apps installed - including Chrome.

13. Darwin-ksh macrumors newbie

Try downloading the chromium source. Haven't tried it myself but I haven't been programming long.