Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QueenZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I don't know if Google have made any announcements on when Chrome will be out for Macs so I'd like to know what you guys think.

I think Chrome will be out by New Year.. at least i hope :D

Slowstick

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
I really don't know when it will be out. My guess would be in the first quarter of next year.

That's not a good guess of when it will be out.

I am sure it will be soon as Chrome 1.0 for Windows has just been released. Mac users are essential to the success of Chrome if it wants to compete with IE.

QueenZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Btw, have you heard about Stainless web browser? It's worth a look while we're still waiting for Chrome. Multi-process browser..

http://www.stainlessapp.com/

A multi-process browser for OS X inspired by Google Chrome.

First, a disclaimer: At this point, Stainless is really just a technology demo and is likely to stay that way (though we might add some novel ideas we have for bookmark and history management).

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
if they were working hard on it it would be out already. When chrome starts appearing on oems we will see a mac version.

Slowstick

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
I just tired Stainless. I have never found a faster browser. Seriously Snappy. Leaves Safari in the dust

Ya. Wow. Nice find. The speed is right up there with Firefox 3. However, Firefox will always be better because of all the add-ons available.

Thanks for the recommendation!!!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.