Google Chrome incompatible with Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by garirry, Nov 3, 2013.

1. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

After I upgraded to Mavericks, I saw problems with Google Chrome, after certain use, scrolling up/down and going to the previous/next page with the magic mouse stops suddenly working, forcing me to quit Google Chrome and then since I have a lot of tabs it opens them, taking a lot of time, and sometimes it stops working right after I restart Google Chrome.

That's a real problem and Apple needs to release 10.9.1, Google must release an update for Google Chrome.
    Anyone having this problem too?

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Sounds like an isolated problem. Have been using Chrome (off and on) since DP1.

3. garirry thread starter macrumors 68000

garirry

What do you mean by "isolated problem"?

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I'm having problems with some of my extensions in Chrome not displaying correctly when clicking on the icons. For example, when I click on Lastpass to log in, a small blank window will open 75% of the time instead of my login screen. This never happened with Mountain Lion. It's very annoying. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

5. Mac.User macrumors 6502

A problem that only you are experiencing.

6. garirry thread starter macrumors 68000

garirry

Ok, so do anyone knows what is the problem and how to fix the problem?

7. jdaniel macrumors 65816

sounds like you have a "too many tabs" not enough memory problem doesnt sound like a mavericks problem.. I am using chrome on mavericks I must admit it is buggy sometimes but nothing i can put my finger on.. theres always a clean uninstall of chrome and reinstall see if that solves it...

but if you are running lots of tabs and I have no idea what else might be going on in the background, if you have low ram it could cause chrome to react buggier than usual

8. garirry thread starter macrumors 68000

garirry

Actually I have 12GB of RAM and 14 tabs open. And I think IT IS Mavericks's fault because on ML I didn't have this problem (DP2 had it's own problems with Chrome, but it still didn't had the problem).

9. Michael Goff, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Obviously if it was just Mavericks, nobody on Mavericks would be able to use Chrome. I've used the stable and the Canary recently, both work.

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

This came up in another thread and it was fixed by just dragging the Chrome app into the trash and reinstalling Chrome via a new download from Google.

11. jdaniel macrumors 65816

As with all things computer related if it is a random problem no one else is experiencing then just do a clean uninstall and reinstall it could be anything causing the problem ,so many variables

12. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

I had a few random issues with Chrome so im using Chrome Canary in the meantime.

have yet to run into issues with canary.

13. Shmanky macrumors regular

Also experiencing scrolling not working with Google Chrome on Mavericks after a while. Reinstalling Google Chrome doesn't help.