Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookvirgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a mac book pro and downloaded google chrome.

For some reason when I use facebook on google chrome, it does not work. I do not get the automated notifications, people do no receive my chats. I then tried facebook on safari and I have had no issues on it.

Wondering if someone has encountered the same problem ? Is there a solution or am I doing something wrong ?

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
I use it on the Mac at home and Windows at work and have had no issues with it at all

good for u LOL doesnt help me tho :) graphics and pictures in facebook and other pages r always slow to load.. or do not load at all. I have tried upgrading java uninstall reinstall etc etc nothing fixes it.. permanently...

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
what version of Chrome are you running?

Stable?
Beta?
Dev?

Also try "Chromium" as it maybe a google issue.

KwanMan

macrumors regular
May 12, 2011
what build are you on? the dev build i was using before gave me a similar problem so i went to the beta build and it was fine

WiBu

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
I was having the same issue; it seems as though there's something buggy going on with FB/Chrome and javascript.

I did find a fix though: Browse Facebook using https:// - you will get a notification at the top of the page from Facebook asking if you want to use Facebook with a secure connection all the time, just say yes and the issues should go away.

macbookvirgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Thank You all for replying

I am currently on chrome 11.0.6 .. not sure if its a beta version or not.

Wondering if there is another recommended browser, Safari is good. but something thats more comprehensive ?

macbookvirgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Thank You all for replying

I was having the same issue; it seems as though there's something buggy going on with FB/Chrome and javascript.

I did find a fix though: Browse Facebook using https:// - you will get a notification at the top of the page from Facebook asking if you want to use Facebook with a secure connection all the time, just say yes and the issues should go away.

I tried this, as soon as I log in it goes back to http://www.facebook.com and the only notification I get is to save my password.

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002
I am currently on chrome 11.0.6 .. not sure if its a beta version or not.

Wondering if there is another recommended browser, Safari is good. but something thats more comprehensive ?

What do you mean by comprehensive?

If you are looking for something with more options than what Safari provides, Omniweb is an excellent choice.

macbookvirgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Omni Web

What do you mean by comprehensive?

If you are looking for something with more options than what Safari provides, Omniweb is an excellent choice.

Sorry by comprehensive I meant a few more options thans safari. I have heard a few things about Opera as well, what are your thoughts on it ?

macbookvirgin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Chrome - Version

I'm using Chrome 13.0.778.0 (canary build), and Facebook works fine for me!

Hi, people have talked about beta version, canary version. How do I get those versions ? All i can see is I have Google Chrome 11.0.6 version.

Wondering if you could help me how do I change the version or download the canary version ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.