Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LNYMRKO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
I've been using Google Chrome for ages and never really had a problem with it until lately, I prefer it to Safari or Firefox etc.

Lately I've found that it's crashing frequently, sometimes webpages just won't load (it will load the title bar and just leave an empty white space on the actual content), and more and more frequently I'm getting the flash plugin crash message come up on it.

I have the latest version of Chrome, and have re-downloaded it and installed it again, repaired permissions etc, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else come across this or know of a possible resolution?

Thanks.

bwrairen

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Same here. I have had a bunch of flash crashes for weeks. I switched to Firefox tonight hoping to solve the problem and it is crashing in it as well.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
I was having the same problem with firefox, I finally got fed up, completely removed it and did a clean install. Seems to have fixed it. I had previously downloaded the latest version of flash, thinking that was gonna be the "simple" fix, but that didn't stop the crashes for me. Mine was only crashing when I tried to close it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.