Google Chrome Niggles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vix2000, Jun 3, 2011.

1. vix2000 macrumors regular

I have ditched firefox for chrome as recommended on here.

My first and main niggle is that I cannot get it to open on the google search page. I have set it in the preferences and it is all saved but still opens onto the app page.

The second niggle is that on firefox next to each result is 'cached' enabling the page to be opened with the search words highlighted. Have searched everywhere but can't see a way to do this in chrome.

If anyone can help me I'd be grateful.

2. euphrus macrumors member

i just had this problem today... what are the odds, but after some searching i found this:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna
    an extension that you need to install in order to get exactly what you want, because when you open a new window in chrome it is recognized as a new tab so therefore you must change the new tab page. to change it open a new tab after installing this and input the url for google.com and you should be good.

im not sure about ur second "niggle" though

3. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that - what a faff for something I would have expected was a basic requirement !!!

4. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Great stuff, thats one problem solved, thanks, just the cached problem now!!!

5. euphrus macrumors member

im not really sure what you mean by this because when i search on google whether on chrome or firefox it is the same website...so for me at least it works just the same on both