Google Chrome not displaying some webpages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crisito, Dec 19, 2009.

1. crisito macrumors regular

2. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Did you click 'Report Broken Website' in the help menu?

3. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My guess is that your bank is engaging in the very bad practice of hard-coding to specific browsers. The site works with Safari. There is no technical reason for it not to work with any other current WebKit-based browser. Chrome should work. Shame on your bank that it does not.

5. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

If it works in Safari and Firefox, is it not definitely a problem with Chrome?

Santander, being one of the largest banks in the world, it should work really.

6. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I think Chrome's a bit touchy with SSL certificates that are "mismatched" or not "verified".

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't have a login to try, obviously, but it seems to work on Google Chrome 4.0.249.43 in Windows (this is the current beta channel).

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Santander may be a large bank, but that does not mean that the people handling its website don't make stupid decisions. Chrome and Safari are both WebKit-based browsers. Any site that works with Safari should also work with Chrome. To believe otherwise is to necessarily believe that Google made some profoundly dumb decisions to convert working code into non-working code. OTOH, Santander would not be the first company to hard code to specific browsers. Unfortunately, it will not be the last.

9. macgirl89 macrumors member

I've been using Google Chrome for a few weeks and it's displaying that webpage just fine for me...

10. darkus macrumors regular

chrome will not display things any differnlty from safari4

11. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I tried it, it seemed faster than safari 4. Safari 4 crashes on me about 3 times a day.

I only tried it for a few minutes, but i could not get Oracle applications to open up. It would start to load, and then just stop. Hope they release a final version soon, Safari has gone to hell.

12. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

For me, Chrome does not display the page. Instead, a server-side error message is generated.