Google Chrome on Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nin7474, Jun 21, 2011.

1. nin7474 macrumors 6502

Is it possible to use Google Chrome instead of Safari on the Ipad 2?:confused:
    And can you sync the Bookmarks from my Macbook?

2. Ijustfarted macrumors regular

I wish. Chrome has flash :p

3. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

4. nin7474 thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn, that'll be a deal breaker for me.
    Is it possible to sync Chrome Bookmarks from my Macbook to Safari on the iPad 2?

5. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

You will have to transfer your bookmarks from Chrome to Safari. Then you can Sync your bookmarks to the iPad. I reckon Safari is pretty good. ;)

6. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Stupid Steve, crushing everyone's dreams :(

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Xmarks

Look it up, perfect solution for users like you and me who want to use Chrome but want our bookmarks synced to our iOS devices/Safari still

EDIT: I'm tired, didn't realize I double posted...

8. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

Wait, not having chrome on your iPad is a deal breaker? /facepalm.

9. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

Everyone has different needs. If there is no YouTube or Google Maps on iPad, then it would be a deal breaker for me.

10. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

No YouTube or Maps would be be deal breakers for me too. However I don't see what makes Chrome so much better or different than Safari especially as they both use the same layout engine underneath. There is bookmark sync I suppose but there are other ways to do that which don't tie you to one browser.

11. nin7474 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can the Ipad 2 play every video on Youtube or special converted for videos like for the iphone?:confused:

12. Polymira macrumors regular

Exactly the same as the iPhone.

But really, most if not all youtube videos that say they won't play on mobile is because of advertising.

13. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

No chrome a deal breaker??? :confused:No YouTube or Google maps a deal breaker, both of them can be accessed from safari. :eek:

OP, you may want to look into different browsers in the app store. I would check with the dev of icab and atomic. I believe there is a way for you do do what you are asking through those two.

14. satchow macrumors 6502

Fun Fact: Chrome on Android does not and will never have flash.

15. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Safari is pretty quick on the iPad. think its a tad quicker then opera also. only thing I miss about my Transformer is that the sec I logged into my gmail account it synced all my desktop bookmarks on the tablet.

but yea safari is hella quick and we have apps that let us view flash from the app store like swifter or something. you get like a free trial (for the people in this thread that mentioned the thing about flash)

16. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Can I borrow your time machine?

17. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Sure.

Time machine 1

Time machine 2

The setting in iCab I know is there to import bookmarks from your browser. I just looked.

Also, remember to not meet yourself as the will have irreversible consequences for the present. Plus, it always more fun to go into the future rather than the past. Be careful, bring her back in one piece. :p

18. arterio macrumors member

I tried iCab and didn't like it at all. Felt really clunky. I've been using Mercury Browser Pro for the last year and it's awesome. Has a lot of the same features as iCab, but they're easier to access and it just feels like a better browser. They have a free lite version that you can try. I'd recommend it.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mercury-web-browser-most-advanced/id331012646?mt=8

19. BigButa macrumors member

20. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Perfect browser really is quite nice, much faster than safari, but a little feature deprived, mostly for just browsing the web, not doing anything fancy.

21. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I use safari and all my bookmarks synced as soon as I put in my apple Id along with everything else.

22. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Can you explain how can I transfer my bookmarks from chrome to safari with ease then please.