Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjones521

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
When using google chrome for some reason when using two finger scrolling I cant scroll over youtube videos. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix for it?

LurkingIowan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
I know exactly what you're talking about. I currently use Chrome as my primary browser and have had that happen more times than I can count. it basically just stops when you try scrolling past a Youtube video. That being said, I tentatively attribute my issue to a faulty headphone jack on my early 2008 Blackbook. Whenever that acts up, my scrolling gets jerky and my speakers click as it switches itself from headphone mode to internal speaker mode. What hardware are you using?

faraz.yashar

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2010
Longwood, FL
I have the same problem even with a mouse, and it happens with lots of flash video providers too. My trick is just to click somewhere else on the screen and continue scrolling. Apparently after scrolling past an active flash video, Chrome gives it focus so any scrolling you do more "affects" the video rather than the page...

Very annoying. I'd suggest you send a bug report to Google. They're pretty good at keeping up with these things, and the more of us who whine a bit the better they'll respond. ;D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.