Google Chrome scrolling: sluggish

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by taru91, Dec 13, 2009.

1. taru91 macrumors regular

taru91

Hi, I downloaded the Google Chrome beta to check it out. And for some reason, when scrolling, it feels weird compared to other OS X apps, like safari or pages. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Yeah, it seems the same way for me. Sometimes it just doesn't react right away and then catches up. Even when trying to continuously scroll it seems like it doesn't do it smoothly...

3. combat macrumors member

combat

Yeah, they come out with about 5 new builds of chrome every day... Just wait till the next official update comes out. It IS beta, what did you expect?

4. taru91 thread starter macrumors regular

taru91

Thanks for your replies, I was only wondering if anyone else had this problems. Thought maybe there was something wrong with my mac.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

If the other apps were acting normally, why did you think there was something wrong with the whole mac?

(btw, the thing you're thinking of is 'smooth scrolling' which all OS X apps have. I've been using chrome and just checked out safari and the scrolling is SO DAMN SMOOTH, but I like Chrome too much now to go back)

6. taru91 thread starter macrumors regular

taru91

Yeah, it's smooth scrolling. And I thought it may be some visual effect with my mac, because, I've experienced graphical glitches, and maybe something like that was happening in Chrome. :)

7. Mac Player macrumors regular

I don't download a new build every day. Plus the daily builds are very stable, so why keep the beta?

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Chrome updates itself silently in the background. Just go to about info once a day and notice the version number changing.

9. run-kmc macrumors member

I'm using Chrome 4.0.249.30, and the scrolling is just as smooth as Safari, which I wish I could say about Firefox or Opera.

10. illjazz macrumors regular

I use 4.0.288.1 dev and the scrolling is most definitely choppy compared to Safari. Does your Chrome really scroll just as smoothly as Safari?