google chrome stacks problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by littleasian, Nov 2, 2010.

1. littleasian macrumors member

Jun 20, 2009
    Hey guys I've noticed recently some odd behavior regarding google chrome and my download stacks in the dock. I have my download stacks folder set so that the most current downloaded object shows up as a preview (ex. if its a pdf a photo of the pdf appears).

However recently I've noticed that when i download some .rar files or mp3's, the preview in the stacks icon is just a blank text document. its not until i click the stack and it fans out that i see that a preview of my downloaded file (ex. mp3 will show its album art). when i click the stack again and the items fan back into the stack, the preview once again turns back into a blank document image instead of the corresponding mp3 image.

i've never encountered a problem with this with safari. Has anyone ever encountered this error before?

2. v5point0 macrumors member

Sep 13, 2010
    It happens to me especially when am downloading a large file and in the process of downloading I launch the download stack and the particular file is rendered as a blank file.

I think this is normal because the file is in the process of being downloaded and OS X can't recognize the file until it completes. Also sometimes even after the file is downloaded, I notice it previews as a blank file, but upon launching, the behavior is normal.

I don't think this is attributed to Google Chrome, as I have experienced the same with Firefox and Safari, unless it is an exception in your case.
  3. mahes111 macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
    It was very informative article to me...
    Thanks for your sharing... Thank u so much...!

Truck Chrome Stacks