Google Chrome voes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by junglepunk, Jul 4, 2012.

1. junglepunk, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

junglepunk macrumors newbie

I have the craziest problem with google chrome. I've had it for more than a year and I've had it with every update I've used.

Using google chrome I'm unable to log in to any google service. I'm unable to log in to gmail. I'm unable to use any web app that allows usage through google id. Everything works fine in Safari though.

So why not use Safari? Because google syncs effortlessly across all my machines.

So what have I tried to do to fix it? I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and I've tried without all my extensions. Nothing works.

I would have asked this question over at the google forum but you need to log in to google to do that so I can't.

I'm on OS X Lion, MacBook Pro late 2009.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's an odd problem. Try creating a new user account on OS X, log into that and run Chrome, see if you can log into Google then. It's possible there is something wrong inside your normal profile.

3. junglepunk thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right. I used a different account and everything worked perfectly. Now how would I go about fixing my normal profile?

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's the tricky part. I'd start with FULLY DELETING Chrome using the steps in GGJstudios link. My guess is that there may be a .plst problem in your account. Then reinstall it.

5. junglepunk thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. I did that and now it seems to work. Haven't tested extensively but so far it looks good. Can't believe it was that easy. thx man

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Excellent; that's what I like to hear.