google chrome worst off with 10.6.3 update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fountaineer, Apr 2, 2010.

1. fountaineer macrumors member

fountaineer

after updating to 10.6.3 google chrome seems more sluggish, and slower(spinning wheel) and some tabs won't close at all. not being able to close the tab is the worst part. any fixes or solutions?

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Which version of Chrome are you running? Chrome is my main browser and I've been running v5.0.366.0 with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and have yet to experience any problems.

Also, which extensions do you have installed?

3. dbater macrumors member

dbater

Chrome and 10.6.3

I run Chrome and see no slowdown at all.

4. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Chrome is awesome, i upgraded to 10.6.3 and Safari was Crashing more than ever, so i downloaded Chrome and Google Rules! it is really fast, and i can't wait until it comes out of Beta, and it may be the extensions you have installed, try deleting everything Chrome related using AppCleaner (Google it... the program is free) and re-install the latest version, good luck :D

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I haven't noticed any difference with Chrome since updating to 10.6.3....I use the stable builds, not the Dev builds.

6. fountaineer thread starter macrumors member

fountaineer

Thanks for the swift responses. I have chrome 5.0.342.7 which is the latest as i can't update from the Chrome about google chrome tab.

made a screenshot of the extension installed. The main issue i have are slowdowns in my igoogle page or even new tabs. it takes a few seconds for the pages to be scrollable after it's open. Haven't had the issue before. Also java breaks and the page becomes unreadable. tabs getting stuck(first time that has happened) So there are a few weird and somewhat annoying things going on. Most occurring after the update. I tried restarting chrome, computer etc.. but nothing helped.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Attached Files:

7. taekwook macrumors newbie

After deleting Ad-Block

I had same issue here, and I think some extensions are causing some crashes internally, which is totally not sure.

Neway, after deleting some extensions like AdBlock, cooliris or etc, my google chrome became normal, fast as usual, no stopping, no wheels. It came back!

I'm not 100% sure what this means, but hope this would help you out a bit.

8. fountaineer thread starter macrumors member

fountaineer

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think taekwook is onto something. The extensions might be our culprits in this. I've only deleted adblock but already the speed difference is huge. Will experiment with the others to find a good balance.

Thanks again

9. celticpride678

The developers are definitely not stable at this time. I have been using Chrome since it was called Chromium and the developer builds have never been that good.

If you want new features, use dev builds. If you want stability, use stable builds.

The build you are currently running is the latest stable build. When you try and update Chrome and it says it can't is a bug.

10. Arrandale macrumors regular

update chrome, you're probs running an older version

if not, remove and reinstall. usually works

11. celticpride678

The build the OP is using is the latest stable build available from Google. Dev builds are even more unstable.

12. charliex5 macrumors regular

I have been having the same problem. Safari crashes like crazy and I get the beach ball for about a minute at a time with the entire system paused. Chrome has been working great. I'm planning to reinstall OSX when classes are out in a few weeks and see if that helps.

But Chrome is running faster and simpler than ever and the tabs on top rule!

13. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Don't waste your time.. unless you absolutely feel the need to re-install Snow Leopard... it won't help i have tried re-installations many times on both my MBA and iMac and neither made Safari/Flash any better, just stick with Chrome and use XSlimmer and CleanMyMac on a regular basis :) :apple: