Google chrome's problem with download

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sherlockaled, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sherlockaled macrumors member

Hi guys, I am running MacOS 10.6.7, i am currently using Google Chrome 11 and Firefox 4. Lately I have encountered a download problem with Google Chrome 11: whenever I click a downloadable file (something ends with .dmg or .doc or .mkv ...ect) the browser opens a new tab and just ... sits there with the download link in the address bar.

Example: I want to download firefox 4, i click on the download link, the browser opens a new tab with the firefox.dmg link in the address bar.

I can still download using right click -> save target as but its annoying and I do not want to do that everytime I want to download a file.

The problem does not appear in firefox 4. Whenever I click on a downloadable link in Firefox it asks me whenever to save or to open. But not Google Chrome :(.

Please anyone with any idea how to fix this annoying problem? I have seen people with the same problem but they are using Windows.

2. sherlockaled thread starter macrumors member

3. sherlockaled thread starter macrumors member

Found the solution:

1. go to chrome pluggin chrome://plugins/
    2. enable NaCl

problem solved -_- , stupid Chrome disable it's own "salt" -_- (its actually called Native Client)