Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eddie Bombay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
Strange we have no search function on Tapatalk, but my question was what's the best way to print to or google cloud printer.

I have the Kodak app for the iPad but it doesn't have the option to print in black and white making it almost perfect. But that app is only meant for photos.

Anyone know of anything better?

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Strange we have no search function on Tapatalk, but my question was what's the best way to print to or google cloud printer.

I have the Kodak app for the iPad but it doesn't have the option to print in black and white making it almost perfect. But that app is only meant for photos.

Anyone know of anything better?

Huh I use that email from Kodak for text all the time.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Just set up a google cloud print for my girlfriend's android phone. I had only legacy (non cloud print) printers, so I have to run chrome on my Mac, and configure it there. Chrome becomes the print server app, so if I want it to work I have to leave chrome running 24/7.

For the iPad, I use printopia, to allow me to airprint. While it won't work outside my network, it is very easy as it is part of ios itself.

I can use the cloud print instead even with my iPad, but it has to be an option on the web page itself (gmail for example.). This might not be a limitation when using an android phone/tablet.

One more thing, I had to configure it using my gmail account, then hit the share option for each printer and add her gmail account email address. I can't just set it up (as far as I know) to just allow any device on my network to print, like AirPrint allows.

TheKricket

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I've been using PrintCentral Pro on my iPhone and iPad.

It's a paid app - but works like a charm - and you can print from absolutely anywhere (over WiFi or 3G).

I print stuff up while I'm out and about all the time - or sometimes, just a little note for the wife.

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.