google contacts doesnt import birthday field

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cpnotebook80, Dec 8, 2008.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I use a birthday app to add the dates to my iphone contacts and so far works good. I use nuevasync right now to get google synced up in contacts.
    but i notice that google contacts dont have a birthday field which sucks.
    So my address book at home doesnt pick up the dates when it syncs to google contacts.
    any advice?
    Mind you im using exchange so i cant just sync my contacts directly to my mac at the moment using nuevasync.

2. shedali macrumors newbie

birthday field

Google have added support for the birthday field but this doesn't currently sync with apple address book, don't know about others yet.

3. witchieofstars macrumors newbie

missing birthday field for google contact sync

I have the same problem with my Ipod Touch 32Gb. Any help would be highly appreciated.

4. witchieofstars macrumors newbie

5. Gooter macrumors member

Gooter

The Birthday field does not sync between the Apple Address Book and Google Contacts. If I create a new contact with a birthday or add a birthday to an exisiting contact in the Address Book, the birthday field does not sync to Google. Also, vice versa, if I add/create it in Google Contacts, it does not sync to the Address Book.

I wanted to use both Google Contacts and Calendar as my master and sync my iPad, iTouch and iMac Address Book and Calendar to Google.

Is there a work-a-round or fix for this issue yet?

Thanks

6. shadylady88 macrumors newbie

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?

:eek:

7. hackeron macrumors newbie

Anyone? - Birthdays still won't sync on Lion :/