Google Docs desktop client?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dopey220, Aug 27, 2011.

1. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

Sorry if this has been covered; I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

I have a directory in my Dropbox folder for Numbers spreadsheets keeping track of my hours and billing for freelance work, and I recently switched to Google Docs for this. I also began using Google Docs for creating invoices (I previously used InDesign for this).

My question is, is there an Evernote-like software application that lets you modify Google Docs from your desktop, and then syncs changes with the documents in the cloud? Because that would be the perfect solution for me.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

You can, of course, modify Google Docs in any web browser. I suppose that's why they haven't set up other storage means, since the point is to use their interface. That being said, CyberDuck has a method of connecting (SFTP I believe) that at least allows easy upload/download.

Rob

3. RomanD macrumors newbie

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

https://www.insynchq.com

Go to the above website and get the Insync software for your Mac or Windows computer. This will create a folder and menubar item, just like DropBox, but for your Google Docs.

When you open, modify and save (with a desktop app) a doc in that folder, it is automatically updated at the Google Docs site.