Google Docs now works in Safari 3!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aniej, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I just got a pleasant surprise when I went to upload a doc to google docs and was about to switch into camino to operate the web app. I decided to give it a shot now that safari has updated, and what do you know it finally is open to safari. I personally really like google docs for a lot of different reasons, but switching browsers was annoying and took more time than just emailing the doc to myself at gmail.

I will note however, currently it is only accepting 500MB uploads in files, but you can always cut and past as I did.

Enjoy.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

500 MB?! If you're cutting and pasting something THAT big, I'd think it would take longer than just uploading it :p
    Anyway, I've never used Google Docs before, but I'm glad to hear that it works in Safari 3 Beta :)

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If Google Docs works with the iPhone, that could end up being pretty awesome.

4. Fillado macrumors member

It probably works in Google Docs because Google haven't explicitly told it to display the unsupported browser page for that version. Similarly everything appears to be fine when you use the https://docs.google.com/?&browserok=true url in Safari 2 :)