Google doodles

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by AnnaCody, Nov 10, 2010.

1. AnnaCody macrumors regular

AnnaCody

So I have to confess, I really enjoy their doodles but now I have a question:

Yesterday they had one for the 115th Anniversary of the discovery of X-rays.

Today is the 235th Anniversary of the Marine Corp....why no doodle
    for that :confused:

Anna, who has 2 nephews in the Marines and a sister who is the Director of an X-ray technology school.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Allow me to pull out my guide to all things Google and find the answer to a question that perhaps only Google would know ...

Sorry, it seems as though MacRumors' guide doesn't cover why Google missed an anniversary.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It may be that the detection of Röntgenstrahlung is more important in the history of humanity than the introduction of another military force?

And your connection to two marines and one doctor does not count, even though my uncle was a doctor and my father, my brother and me served in the military. And that doesn't count too.

4. AnnaCody thread starter macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Hahaha, Jessica...didn't even think to google google...and I'm googling all the time. Be right back.....

Oh, and will google Röntgenstrahlung too!!

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Please don't try it, even for a joke.

And Röntgenstrahlung is the original name for "X-Ray", as the man who detected "x-rays" is Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.

6. AnnaCody thread starter macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Duh, I should have known that although it's been a mighty long time since taking the National Boards :D

BTW.....I only mentioned my sister and nephews to explain why these particular anniversaries caught my eye!