Google Drive Incremental Pricing?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mashinhead, May 6, 2014.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I have a couple questions about Google Drive, hoping those that use it can answer them.

Can you price incrementally? Meaning if I need 200GB of storage and not 1TB, can I just subscribe for 200GB and pay 3.98? Or do I HAVE to jump to 1TB?

If anyone uses it, how do you like it? I used Dropbox, loved the service but hated the pricing. Jumped to Copy, loved the pricing but I find the service very unreliable. I shared files a lot, Photoshop files, and they often don't arrive properly to the other person if at all. So I'm trying to move away from that.

Any one have any such issues with Google Drive? If i can get Dropbox like quality at Google pricing its perfect for me.

2. Razeus macrumors 601

You have to make the jump.

What are you trying to sync to the cloud?

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

I basically use it as backup/sync across multiple machines, and sharing files through links. So really I back up everything important on my machine to it.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

For the most part the cloud syncing services work fine but I've seen problems with certain file types due, I guess, to the way the application interacts with the file when it's open.

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

I do send a lot of Adobe files. But that said. I never had an issue with them with dropbox. Copy on the other hand..

6. Razeus macrumors 601

Google Drive will view any Adobe file.

Copy.com is literally just a file storage system. I've got 500GB on that service and I strictly use it as backup. It's not good for anything else.