Google Drive Syncing Woes - FinderSyncAPI

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by danielceleste, Jul 12, 2016.

1. danielceleste macrumors regular

I'm on OS X 10.11.5 and have been having issues with the Finder Extension for Google Drive (version 1.30.2170.0459). Namely, after a brief time away from my MacBook Pro – usually after sleeping it – the extension will become disabled, and this can be seen under System Preferences > Extensions, and my folder will stop syncing. This can be resolved by re-enabling the setting or restarting the Google Drive app.

I've re-installed the app numerous times, which usually leads to a window where Finder asks me to locate the "FinderSyncAPI" Extension. I know it exists in the package contents of the Drive app, but this window doesn't allow you to locate it. Doing a Google search for "google drive FinderSyncAPI" returns numerous results about this issue but no solutions.

Just want to use Google Drive without having to restart it every time I want it to sync. Anyone else encounter this? :(

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Drag that API out of google drive App and let your extension find and locate it. Would this be better?
    BTW, I use google drive app only.