Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
New Mac user here. I had Google Earth on my PC before converting to iMac, and it worked well on the PC.

Are there any issues with "Earth" installs to the Mac OSX?

Should I wait for Leopard before installing?

Is the program, "Google Earth," difficult to remove from the Mac if I don't like it ? I have found that some programs plant little files all over the Macintosh which does not have a program removal tool, and these fragments have to be ferreted out manually in order to completely remove the programs tenacles.
Is this the case with Google Earth?

Is the Mac version as good as the PC version?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

j/k/Andy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Most odd post, why don't you download it and give it a try, you have the Mac and it's free, let's us know how it goes...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Uninstallation is easy

See our Uninstallation Guide. You'll see that removing applications is not a problem. Most applications are easy to remove simply by running their installer (and picking "uninstall") or simply dragging the application to the Trash.

Leftover files are of no consequence, except for the disk space they use, and you can usually locate these files in obvious places. The details are in the Guide.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Thanks, folks. Sorry if that was such a dumb question.

After 15+ years with Windows I am still a bit cautious . . . . but I am learning fast.

Regards,
L

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I have Google Earth on my new imac. It works pretty well. So much of it is based on your internet connection speed though, but otherwise it is stable. I have never had it crash.

Come on guys, he is new to the platform, and he just wanted to make sure there weren't any huge issues with the program before he installed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.