Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Not to be mean or anything, there's not much of a point of having google earth when you have google maps, the satellite images are the same

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks for letting us know. I think it has a lot of functionality over Maps.

Yeah, it's pretty cool, particularly the navigation, and works like an atlas rather than a road map. The Grand Canyon and Everest look great when you tilt the perspective and layers are a welcome addition.

robinfish

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010

Absolutely!!! With the app you will be able to explore the same global satellite and aerial imagery available in the desktop version of Google Earth, including images for over half of the world’s population and a third of the world’s land mass. Location service will still depend on either having Wi-Fi triangulation, 3G or (for iPhones) true GPS.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
AR15MBP said:

+1 it has a lot more than just a flat map to offer. The atlas like interface is great. I already had the app and just did the update. For free i cannot find anything to complain about. Unlike some people.

OP thanks for posting this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.