Google Earth issues.... :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorzillA, Oct 27, 2008.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I am having an issue that it seems I have not seen a clear answer in google "help community" nor a direct way to get in touch with google...at all!
    So here I am at the mercy of the H.O.M.O.s, OK here it is (hope I make sense), as you all know one can make place a marker on any given spot in GE and put in information about that area, well along with that information we [where I work at] place direct image links in PDF format so that when some one clicks on that marker one can see images of what it is (extra info), this Well apparently today I started having problems when clicking on a link, it would try to open in Safari but I would get the following "File is damaged and can not be repaired" I then tried on Reader, same thing.
    I then tried it on another iMac and it opened finely, even on windows it opened! My boss told me not to worry about and clear the cache on Safari and try it again, well it worked.....for a while. Then I got the same thing and this tie I deleted the cache on GE and on safari bot no dice :confused:. As mentioned before, I tried getting help from google but nothing. Apple care was helpfull enough to point out that it most likely was not a MAC problem.
    So here I am....trying to keep my hair on my head. If this is something you can help, please MUCH APPRECIATED, if not then please do you know of some one that might know?! I won't loose my job but my sanity and I really don't want to end up in youtube going ape:eek:t on a helpless iMac for something like this.

Thanks!

Desperately seeking :apple:

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Somebody else i know is having a problem with google earth too.

But he is having trouble running it all together.

After being open for a few moments it freezes up and freezes the whole mac

He emailed google and they said they have a few bugs on the mac version

3. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

and apparently the new version isn't helping either!! dang it!!! :mad:

:apple:

4. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

:confused:......so no one can help in this issue eh? well then, I guess I should go and cry at my desk then......:(

:apple: