Google Exchange issue? Missing Emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mongoos150, May 16, 2011.

1. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

Hi All,
    Got my new iPhone on Sunday. Love it apart from the issues with Google Sync (Exchange). The guy in the store showed me how to configure my device with my Google account (creating an exchange account) so that my contacts/calendar/gmail accounts are synced on the iPhone, but I'm having issues now.

I have two accounts added - and the primary account's emails have all disappeared on the iPhone. They're still there when I check gmail.com, but the iPhone isn't showing them. Very strange. I can send emails fine, and new emails are appearing. The other account is showing all of the emails sitting in the inbox.

This whole gmail sync / exchange nightmare is why I had an Android phone up until I began to pine for my iPhone again. Why can't there be dead-reliable google sync with iPhone?

2. mongoos150 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

3. sparkyms macrumors 65816

In settings > mail contacts calendars > exchange > your account

check that 'mail days to sync' is set to 'no limit', and it should solve your problem, as you can see new mail but not old.

4. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

I have actually had such inconsistent service using Google's Exchange Server for email that I have reverted to using IMAP. However, my issue wasn't "disappearing emails" but rather random archived messages refusing to clear from the Inbox view on my iPhone. (The web interface displayed my Inbox correctly; i.e., no archived messages in sight.)

As such, I use Google's Exchange Server for syncing Contacts and Calendar and IMAP for email. (NOTE: IMAP provides some sort of calendar syncing as well, but I have never tried it. Exchange works fine for calendar syncing from my experience.)