Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Finally! It's very subtle and I really like it. I just wish there was a way to remove/customize keys in GBoard. I want to remove the emoji and the settings key from the keyboard. I really hate them. I'd rather go into the app for settings that I'll never change. And iOS puts the emoji key under GBoard if the regular keyboard is disabled which I prefer a lot more.

Reactions: TL24

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Finally! It's very subtle and I really like it. I just wish there was a way to remove/customize keys in GBoard. I want to remove the emoji and the settings key from the keyboard. I really hate them. I'd rather go into the app for settings that I'll never change. And iOS puts the emoji key under GBoard if the regular keyboard is disabled which I prefer a lot more.

Same, I'd recommend leaving some feedback from the GBoard settings directly which I've already done so myself.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This seems to have the same issue as all the past jailbreak tweaks for this function which is the haptics not being able to keep up with even moderate typing speeds. It becomes a tap every 2-3 letters typed which just feels cheap and half-assed.

Reactions: macintoshmac

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
This seems to have the same issue as all the past jailbreak tweaks for this function which is the haptics not being able to keep up with even moderate typing speeds. It becomes a tap every 2-3 letters typed which just feels cheap and half-assed.

Really? Every single key stroke has a haptic feedback for me.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
wish swiftkey had haptic as gboard space bar is to small so hard to type

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.