Google Glass questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sven11, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that I will buy Google Glass when it will be available and have a few questions:

Is there a more specified release date than "first half of 2014"?

What will the consumer version most likely cost?

Where will it be available?

Battery life?

Anything I should be aware of as a person who wears ordinary glasses?

Do you wear them all the time?

In which situations should you not wear Google Glass?

Will it scare people?

Anything else I should be aware of?

2. Bear macrumors G3

To answer some of your questions:

Check the Google glass website regularly to see if they add shipping or pricing information. And where you'll be able to buy it.

There will apparently be a way to get prescription lens for Goggle Glass.

You should not wear Google Glass while driving as that can get you a ticket. You should also not wear Google Glass at any establishment that prohibits them. Please note that some people will not want them used in their house.

You should also not wear Google Glass anywhere that people will take violent exception to you possibly filming them. This is for your safety of course. This includes bars.

3. PittAir macrumors regular

Try one and be sure you really think it is useful before buying one. I am in the Glass Explorer program with my son (he's going to try programming for it) and while it seems really cool the interface needs a lot of work. Navigating between panes, in particular, seems very alpha...you have to scroll a lot with your finger on the temple bar. Not sure there are a lot of useful apps at this point either. Take a picture or a video by winking? Sure, that's cool, but there is a lot of app programming that needs to be done.