Google Glass

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by itsmeorthedog, Nov 26, 2013.

1. itsmeorthedog macrumors member

Is it me, or is Google Glass going to be more of a niche market than mainstream?

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Sounds about right...

3. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

In its current form and price point it will remain niche. Similar to the Mac Pro. But in a few years, it will be interesting to see what Google Glass becomes. I'm interested to see how wearable technology evolves. And at least we have companies that push the envelop to make these great products. :D

4. OhHaiThere macrumors regular

OhHaiThere

The price will be much lower when it's released for general consumption.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Google just opened up the Glass SDK to everyone, which should help provide more apps.

In the meantime, its current price is too high for casual users, so there's an opportunity for Glass competitors to jump in.

There are several companies, including Samsung, who are working on alternatives. If Samsung was smart, they'd integrate their glasses, smartwatch and phones.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The product alone doesn't interest me much, but the implications do. Eventually tech like that will become much more natural and will blend in. Maybe just regular frames, that would be nice, especially for people who wear glasses already.

7. BSben macrumors 6502a

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan