Google/Gmail problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mjl264, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mjl264 macrumors newbie

New to Mac here, and having some problems with the Google and Gmail websites. I can not access either one with Safari, Firefox 2.0, or FF 3.0 Beta.

Safari gives me this error msg: "Safari can not connect to server etc etc"

Firefox says: "Failed to connect etc etc"

Funny thing is everything was working just fine a few hours ago....

I've tried clearing the cache and deleting cookies like some have suggested on this board, but no luck. I was also having problems with hotmail.com, but that site is working now that I did the clear cache/cookies trick.

I thought switching from XP to Mac was supposed to make my life easier, but now I can't even access my email!! Help!!!!!!!

2. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Probably just issues with their server or something at the moment.

I've had Gmail drop pretty frequently no matter what computer I use. And, hotmail has been only slightly more reliable.

I've even lost access to my Gmail accounts for days, and had to involve Google to get it working again (they had to reset servers).

And, I have about 6 Gmail accounts, and frequently, only one will act up at any given moment.

So, they don't have to have server wide issues to affect any given account. I have one of my accounts go down every day. It's not always the same one, but at least one of them will go down for anywhere between 30 seconds and 20 minutes every day.