Google Gmail widget (showing inbox) has stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JayLenochiniMac, Dec 18, 2008.

1. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I have two gmail accounts, one that I check via Google Notifier and one via Google Gmail widget (the one that shows the content of inbox). The widget had stopped working entirely about a week ago, and clicking on it now goes to the other account. Ironically, when I enter the username and password of the other account, it's linked just fine so I guess it's affecting only some gmail accounts. Looks like Apple has removed this particular widget from the dashboard site for unknown reason. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

I can't seem to get the other "Gmail Inbox" widget (displaying the number of unread msgs) to work with one of the accounts either.

2. James Jeffries macrumors newbie

Yeah, mine has stopped working too... not sure what the problem is, initially thought it was intermittent, but now just never works. Tried reinstalling, but nothing... any good ideas?

3. typ993 macrumors newbie

Yup, I been having this problem for weeks. Bummer, this was my most-used widget.