Google Hangouts for iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ipodlover77, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Just wanted to vent.

But why does google neglect their products when it comes to UI. Even now, google voice, gmail, etc etc all use iOS 6 elements.

I wouldnt usually complain because i dont use voice or gmail much but now that im using hangouts more and more (pretty good app btw. Def better than BBM) its irritating to see a translucent keyboard when I text to the ugly solid gray keyboard when I go to google hang outs.

It always takes google forever to update anything graphical, just look at how long the gmail app took.

Im hoping that the update comes before December but im not holding my breath.

Does anyone know where I can submit feedback?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Shake the phone when in the app and the feedback window pops up.

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

The Send button in hangout for iOS is by far the worst ever seen on a IM app .... :rolleyes:

4. Smzich0200 macrumors newbie

I agree completely, it takes four or five times just to send a message! Please update this app Google!

5. rezzo macrumors regular

rezzo

+1, still waiting the update with the iOS 7 keyboard at least.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Would that improve things beyond just looking different?

7. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

What's funny is, all they have to do to get the iOS 7 keyboard is compile the app with Xcode 5. The old keyboard just means they are still using Xcode 4.

8. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Maybe they're saying they don't like ios7 and they prefer Scott forestall and Steve jobs work

9. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

WOW.

Ive never had any problem with it. The version of my phone has no iOS6 style faux 3D bubble effects. It's all flat, from the camera icon, to the send paper flier.

The only old element is the keyboard.

11. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Maybe you just haven't used it much. Notifications don't work great on it. I've had it show a 1 notification badge when I have no unread messages. I've had it show a 1 when I had several unread messages. The conversations don't refresh consistently, sometimes it takes a few seconds for messages to show up. I constantly have to scroll down to read those messages that do eventually show up. The app needs a lot of work.

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I use it many times a day, with all my android contacts. Now that their hangouts and sms have merged. Most of my android friends msgs come via it.

Notifications seem to work correctly.

It's certainly slower than the built in Messages app for Apple. But that's to be expected unfortunately. :(

13. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

My issues are more with the core stability of the app.

It takes forever for conversations to load. Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes I don't.

The iOS 7 UI element I miss most is swiping to go back.

14. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

And if you set your phone down and leave the hangouts app open you get that stupid "shake for feedback" screen!