Google Homepage Guitar

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RiceRacerDX, Jun 9, 2011.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

I love when Google makes interactive themes for their homepage. Earlier I went to search for something and came across their new homepage theme: a guitar for the late Les Paul's birthday. You can use your mouse or the keyboard to play. I messed around with it for a bit and figured out the notes to play "Nearer My God To Thee." I posted my video to YouTube, however, you can record your own song and google will make a link for you. I think it would be fun to see what you guys come up with. If anyone else puts together a neat song then post it up here!

Here is my video (recorded with my iPhone 4 :D):

http://youtu.be/vMBop7GL5po?hd=1

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Great vid! I'd better not show my daughter this.... She'll be on it for hours. :eek::D

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

How old is she? Because I'm in my 20s and I reckon I could waste hours on this! Really nicely implemented by google, shame it will be gone tomorrow.

Cool video Racer!

4. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

She is coming up for 6 years old and loves anything creative. :D I will let her have a go of it tonight after school.

5. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Well it's pretty bad that I can be entertained in the same way as a 6 year old! I even tried (unsuccessfully) to get it to work by touch on my iPhone. :D

Hope she has fun!

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Cool! I didn't realize it would work with the keyboard, and you can't get much from a drop and drag interaction :(

7. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I'm 18 and have a Geology A-Level exam tomorrow...

Google is the reason I will fail. I've done 0 revision all day :| I've just been strummin' away...