Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybe1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Ireland
Is there any way when i open a new tab in safari that it goes straight to google homepage ? Ipad is jailbroken

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
When you open a new tab you get defaulted to enter a search and if you have google as default search engine doesn't this serve the same purpose?

jaybe1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Ireland
When you open a new tab you get defaulted to enter a search and if you have google as default search engine doesn't this serve the same purpose?

It does but i want the homepage to open automatically. I never type in a search in the top search bar because i hate the suggestions but my girlfriend wants it on. So surely theres a cydia tweek to fix this and im not the only one looking for this ?

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
I just added a 'Homepage' bookmark to the bookmark bar linked to google. Kind of clunky, but just be sure to hit it before closing Safari.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
i have been told the only way to enable this (or disable the search feature) is to use another browser. very annoying... I am right there with you. seems like something that would have been automatically put into safari's options.

jaybe1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Ireland
I know im surprised that nobody came up with a tweek in cydia. Oh well i guess im stuck with it for now. Its times like these i wish i had knowledge in the field to come up with something myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.