Google/Images showing old formats today

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Peter Franks, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

Peter Franks macrumors 65832

Google home page and Google Images. You can see the copyright date on Images as 2013.

Anyone else had this problem today on Safari. I've seen something in Google forums of others on Opera etc., who can only get old style Google. It's only been today, but it's awful. Anyone have a fix for this yet? Snow Leopard related maybe, unless anyone else on Mac has experienced this today?

2. czarekmac macrumors newbie

link does not change its color

Same problem on Safari 5.1.10, OS X 10.6.8. I noticed it yesterday around 10 PM your time. Could you please check this: click on one of the links shown in Google search results (search for whatever you like), open the link and then go back to the search results. The link DOES NOT change its color so that it looks as if it has not been opened. Strange and annoying.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65832

Nothing I've done has changed it back to how it should be. Worst part is the images search. Useless now. I'll be back home shortly and will try what you mention. Let you know soon

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65832

Yup, the same. Link stays same colour, but that is the small problem, the big one is Images is unusable now. Can't believe 24 hours later, Google hasn't fixed this problem.

Safari 5.1.10, OS X 10.6.8.

5. czarekmac macrumors newbie

Thanks. Actually for me the link problem is the most annoying. If I open a dozen of links (sometimes more) and go back to search results no way I can remember all that have been viewed. I reported the problem to Apple. Perhaps they push on Google and things get back to normal.

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65832

There's a lot of people on our OS and Browser who are really kicking off on the web. Google just say update the browser, but we can't. Is this there way of getting us to download Chrome? I don't want to. Is there another search engine similar to Google. It's a shame Yahoo has gone a bit rubbish in recent years. Especially images wise. Awful layout.

7. czarekmac macrumors newbie

8. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65832

Yes thanks. Saw that thread and it's getting angrier and angrier. Amazed Google haven't sorted it and put it back to how it was. I don't want Chrome or Firefox. Those were Windows browsers from years back. I am used to Safari so sadly I won't be using Google anymore. No alternative if they're going to stick to their appalling reply on that thread

9. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65832

This is affecting so many people out there on the WWW I'm surprised not many people on here are having this problem?

Is everyone so up to date on their Mac software that this doesn't affect them?