Google issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Michaelgtrusa, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Dear members when I use the finder next to the apple icon to pull up google, I get the google page with all of these pre searches! Many I have not ever type in the google search bar! How do I stop this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the finder next to the apple icon to pull up google"?

3. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Ok, I go up to the top right side of the screen and click on finder, scroll down to services and then scroll down to services by google. Once I click on that google comes up. For some reason my user name comes up in the google search bar, along with a list of various searches I did not make. What I'd like to know is how to stop this?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It sounds like you've modified your system. For one thing, "Finder" on the Menu Bar appears on the top left, not the right. Also, going through the Services menu is not how you launch Google to search the web. That method will always default to making your search term the path of your current folder. For example, if no Finder windows are open, Google will launch with a search term of /Users/username/Desktop. If you have a Finder window open, your search will be for the path of the open folder.

If you want to search with Google, launch Safari and go to www.google.com.

Attached Files:

5. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I said right when I really meant left. I've learned a new lesson, I always do onthis very good form! Mr ggjstudios thank you very much!

6. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280