Google issues..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by salamandyr, May 15, 2010.

1. salamandyr macrumors newbie

ok .. i'm having issues getting Google Calendars working properly on the ipad - multiple calendars aren't showing up, even though this is supposedly fixed now?

i can get CalDav working to show the main calendar for my @gmail.com account, but not any others.

e.g. when i go to m.google.com/sync and select iPad, and select my main calendar plus another one that shows up there.. i DO get the "Calendars" button in iPad's Calendar app, and it allows me to show/hide the google calendar, but only the main one shows up - other calendars i select (either mine or shared) don't show up on the iPad..

this is a bit of a deal-breaker-y problem ... anyone have any suggestions?

---
    note - gmail issues fixed - i had to enable imap in the gmail settings to get past a user/pass authorization issue.
    syncing multiple google calendars is still not working, though :/

2. salamandyr thread starter macrumors newbie

managed to fix my multiple calendars issue - updating thread in case anyone else is having this problem, as i couldn't find an answer anywhere :)

basically, setting up CalDav only brings in the main calendar.
    then going to m.google.com/sync and selecting other calendars as per instructions several places on the web did NOT work.

what i had to do is go to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect (i used my laptop) and then check off the additional calendars there, and then they showed up in the "Calendars" button on the iPad's calendar app..

so ya - managing/adding multiple calendars for the iPad device at m.google.com/sync doesn't work as it's supposed to, but the above workaround fixes things.

3. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Dude. Why don't you just set up your calendars as caldav thru the settings app? What is this m.google.com/sync stuff you're doing?

Don't make it so hard :)

4. salamandyr thread starter macrumors newbie

i did set it up through CalDav.. but only the main calendar show up - multiples/others didn't.

5. mikeheenan macrumors 6502